SUN 8/19/18 (NATHAN, LEO, WITH ASSIST FROM ROMAN)
Weather: Mixed clouds & sun 65-70 degrees, windy
Much nicer weather this week following last week’s washout, though it was a bit windy. It was quite busy at opening, then seemed to slow down mid-day.
Here are our notes:
- Increase rear derailleur cable length to get highest gear.
- Review issue with chain coming off largest (3 total) chainring when shifting from mid to large chainring while in highest (evidently second highest .. see cable adj above) gear.
- Front derailleur appeared conservatively set to not push chain out too far. Advised Chip to shift more slowly and from a lower gear.
- Also installed a brake cable ferrule.
- Chain needs lube: possibly related inflexibility is contributing to shift/chainring jump problem. Chip said he will lube chain.
- Replace Cassette on ebike.
- Replace chain.
Ben: Fill tires
- Fill tires.
- Center brakes.
- Wheel bearing lube and tighten.
- Adjust brakes
- True rear wheel on bike stand inside museum. Turns out there was a broken spoke. Advised to replace spoke asap and re-true.
Adar: Fill 2 tires.