Sun 7/09 (Leo, Martha)
Weather: nice, mostly clear, upper-70’s
- Kate and Ben: Discussed learning to fix and maintain bikes (2 bikes w/derailleurs); Kate: Straightened tube valve stem and centered rear brake; Ben: lubed and adjusted position (centering) of rear derailleur. Also centered front brake.
- Alison: checked to see if needs chain lube – advised not to lube as chain was rather dirty and not dry – more lube at this point would just attract more dirt and carry it into chain. Advised to clean chain and then lube. We’re not set up to do chain cleaning on site.
- Jim: lubed chain. Checked for wheel bearing type and general condition.
- Dennis and son: adjusted front brake centering (N.B. rode from Brookline to have lunch in Waltham).
- Mom and kids: pumped up tires all around.
- Laura T. stopped by to talk about a group of 5-6 people she is working with who are new to the country and using bicycles for transportation to their jobs. She’s interested in something like a flat-fixing workshop. She will send more info and we’ll see if we can do something during an open lab time.
- Chandresh: Discussed bike maintenance; centered brakes. Interested in “bike pooling.”
- Seth: Lubed chain